We’re Back, Baby

Or rather, “We’re online, baby.”

That image is from “Bender’s Big Score”, obtained from a trailer of it on Youtube. Sadly, I did not use the Bender Converter – that would have been nice and ironic – but it turned out I didn’t need it: the newer version of MPEG Streamclip can take videos directly from Youtube. From there it was a simple matter to complete the GIF on GIMP. The only hard part was realizing, at the last moment, that I had to get Winzip.

This is the first post for my online class, ds106, or Digital Storytelling. Because if I’m going to be an internet-addicted recluse, I might as well learn how to be good at it.

No Responses to “We’re Back, Baby”

1. […] was released in March (1.93.b5) because I was afarid of courting anymore bugs. But that was before two students in the ds106 Summer of Oblivion course that starts tomorrow blogged about how they used […]

2. Jim Groom says:

Tim,

Ia gree, that is awesome. I am blogging that bad boy now 😉

3. admin says:

There’s a new beta version of MPEG Streamclip where you just have to type in the URL of a video from Youtube or Dailymotion.

4. Tim Owens says:

I had no idea MPEG Streamclip could pull a video down from YouTube now. That’s awesome!

5. Jim Groom says:

Love the animated GIF, good quality, and compelling movement. What’s more, I am interested in what you are saying about MPEG Streamclip taking videos right from YouTUbe. I would love to see how that works. So you are saying you did the entire animated GIF in MPEG Streamclip—that’s excellent I would love to see how you did it.