Iconic me

Not completely happy with how this turned out, but that’s mostly my perfectionism speaking. For the most part I’m just upset I couldn’t find a way to make all the circles co-centric; you can barely notice, though, so it isn’t much of an issue.

Well, this is the icon to represent me. A brain in some sort of maze. There’s lots of meaning here, but it’s mostly about the idea that anything that goes on in my mind has to go through all sorts of hurdles before ever appearing in the real world. It goes back to my perfectionism, but it goes far beyond that. It really is like my brain is an enclosed area, and ideas – both creative ideas and just simple things like conversation points – have to go through a long, harsh filtering process before passing through. Everything has to be thoroughly thought out, and nothing can be spontaneous. No wonder I called myself “The Recluse”.

No Responses to “Iconic me”

1. Quezz says:

Ya perfectionism will kill you in this class, I’ve got a little bit of that in me as well. Sometimes I just gotta walk away from the comp when I’m trying to do something seemingly easy and it won’t let me, otherwise I might end up kicking it lol.

2. Jim Groom says:

David,

Given your perfectionism and constant filtering this class must be miserable for you 🙂 I like this icon, and I also like the description that works to frame who you are. It is not only very useful for me, but also begins to suggest this virtual space as one wherein we begin to work through and make sense of this idea of a digital persona.

3. David Gurri says:

No, Aviary. But maybe I’ll look into GIMP next time.

4. Alan Liddell says:

Are you using GIMP? I can’t remember. I know how to make concentric circles using GIMP.